No dew problem! Ravi Bishnoi makes T20 World Cup case with terrific spell in IND vs AUS 2nd T20

In Kuldeep Yadav & Yuzvendra Chahal's absence, Ravi Bishnoi makes T20 World Cup case after stunning spell in IND vs AUS 2nd T20I

In the absence of stalwarts Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal, Ravi Bishnoi has proved his worth. Despite heavy dew, Bishnoi was fiery in his spell where he managed to scalp 4 wickets by giving away just 32 runs. This sensational spell in the IND vs AUS 2nd T20 will surely make his case for the T20 World Cup squad.

Bishnoi was poor in the first game where he leaked runs (54 runs, 1 wicket). But captain Suryakumar Yadav decided to keep his faith in the spinner and gave him a longer run. The result is for us to see. Bishnoi’s victims involved the likes of Matthew Short, Josh Inglis, and Tim David.

Also Read

In Kuldeep Yadav & Yuzvendra Chahal's absence, Ravi Bishnoi makes T20 World Cup case after stunning spell in IND vs AUS 2nd T20I

With 9 matches T20I matches left for India ahead of the T20 World Cup, this is the correct time to try and test their permutations and combinations. And the experiments have yielded a big result.

In the absence of veterans like Kuldeep Yadav (rested after ODI World Cup) and Yuzevendra Chahal (snubbed), Ravi Bishnoi has lighted up Trivandrum. Dew is considered to be a gift for batters with spinners being the worst sufferers. But Ravi Bishnoi overcame all odds to extract 3 crucial wickets, bowling second and filing more misery for the Australians.

With the T20 World Cup on the horizon, this stunning performance by Bishnoi won’t go un-noticed. The BCCI Selection Committee will surely oversee the case that the spinner has made today.

The post No dew problem! Ravi Bishnoi makes T20 World Cup case with terrific spell in IND vs AUS 2nd T20 appeared first on Inside Sport India.

from Inside Sport India https://ift.tt/cm8GoH1

Comments