‘You finished my career’ AB De Villiers jokes with Yuzvendra Chahal in candid chat

Yuzvendra Chahal and AB De Villiers have been foes on the field and friends off it for a long time. The duo on Saturday caught up for a chat on De Villiers’ ‘360 Show’ on YouTube.

Surprisingly, in an off-the-cuff chat, the Proteas legend revealed that in 2018, during India’s tour of South Africa, he was often outfoxed by the diminutive leg spinner Chahal. De Villiers reminisced about an ODI match that took place in Centurion and joked that it was Chahal’s ‘chess-mastery’ that prompted him to retire from international cricket.

Also Read:

'You finished my career' De Villiers has fun with Yuzvendra Chahal in candid chat

“I was playing in my home ground in Centurion and I remember it was very hot. I was tired batting on 30-odd and I thought I would get some easy boundaries. However, Yuzi we all know is intelligent. He is a chess player. He knew what I was trying to do and zipped one through. I still remember the sound of the bails. So thank you so much for that Yuzi. You were the actual reason why I retired,” De Villiers half-jokingly said.

“Since you finished my ODI career let’s say you hit the final nail in my coffin. I want to say, Main tumhara bunny hoon‘ (I am your bunny now),” De Villiers added.

Now it remains to be seen if Chahal can produce a similar form when India take the Proteas on in the IND vs SA ODI series.

The post ‘You finished my career’ AB De Villiers jokes with Yuzvendra Chahal in candid chat appeared first on Inside Sport India.



from Inside Sport India https://ift.tt/eguBRjT

Comments